This
week we didn't learn anything since we had a holiday on Monday and the second
part of the midterm on Wednesday. And there was also no lab this Friday. There
was also no exercise nor assignment. The midterm was pretty easy I think. I was
pretty confident with binary trees and binary search trees and recursion so it
was a piece of cake. I find it way easier than the first test, which required
some more knowledge of built-in functions which I am not proficient with.
I
had the same experience as the author of http://tgslog.blogspot.ca/ about the
assignment. When I first wanted initialize a RegexTree I tried to build it from
the bottom up since it appeared to me as more natural and easier to code.
However, I realized that from the top down would be much more optimal since we
could count the number of parenthesis and we could always use the number of
parentheses to check which symbol is the root and also recursion only works
well from the largest scale to the smallest.
No comments:
Post a Comment